I originally saw this recipe over at my good friend's blog, Teenah's Projects.
I have not had the most success with these CrockPot recipes. Most of the time they're too salty or the chicken has a weird texture - it's always something. I had kind of sworn off the Crock unless it was a soup recipe. Not really sure what made me try this recipe, especially since it wasn't really a hit at Teenah's house, but I am glad I tried it.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- Pot Roast (2-5 lbs)
- 1 Envelope Brown Gravy
- 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing (I used about half a packet)
- 1 Envelope Italian Dressing (I used about half a packet)
- Potatoes (I used red potatoes)
- Baby Carrots
- 1.5 cups water
- Heat EVOO on medium heat.
- Mix the flour and pepper and coat meat.
- Brown meat on both sides.
- While browning the meat, put enough baby carrots to cover the bottom of the Crock. Cut up potatoes and throw them on top of the carrots. I just eyeballed the amount.
- Mix together the enveloped seasonings and sprinkle a small layer over the carrots and potatoes.
- Place the meat on top of the carrots and potatoes and sprinkle the rest of the seasonings over the meat.
- Pour water over meat.
- Cook on high for the 1st two hours, turning the meat over after an hour.
- Cook on low for another 5 hours. (The original recipe says to cook on low for 6-10 hours, but I had a think chunk of meat so I turned it up a bit to ensure we weren't eating dinner at 10pm.)
Overall it was delish and the only thing it was missing was warm French bread slathered with butter to sop up the extra sauce. I will definitely make this again when the weather gets colder. :o)