Friday, September 28, 2012

BOO!


I think I saw this project last fall when I first signed up for Pinterest. I bought the letters last year and just never getting around to doing this project.

While I was off work, I was going through all my scrapbook paper and found this halloweenish paper I never really cared for in a scrapbook setting and I thought it was perfect Halloween paper. Then I remembered the letters and I thought, PERFECT! I'll do it.

So I did.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Wood letters - any size, really
  • Pencil
  • Scissors
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Exacto Knife
  • Sponge paint brush
  • Embellishments (If you wish)
  • Paint (maybe)
Here's what you'll do:
  1. Trace the letters onto the scrapbook paper and cut them out. Don't worry if they don't fit perfectly, you'll have a chance to clean that up later.
  2. If you want, this is where the paint could come in. Paint the letters whatever color you want. I chose not to because I didn't want to have to wait for it to dry before I started Mod Podging. 
  3. Put a layer of Mod Podge on the letter and adhere the paper to the letter. Do your best to line up the borders of the paper with the letter, but not to worry if there's a lot of over hang. 
  4. Put 2-4 more layers of Mod Podge over the paper to help seal it. 
  5. Let that dry completely.
  6. Take an exacto knife and clean up the edges. I suppose sand paper might work too, but I was worried about damaging the letter itself so I just cut around the letters. 
  7. Once that's done, embellish as you wish. 
  8. Oh! And don't forget the help from the family pet.
For some reason, Edward really liked this one. :o)
Fall is my most favorite time of year. Halloween is one of K's favorite Holidays. I did this project more for here than I did me. Hopefully, this project will inspire you to do something fall/Halloween related. 'Tis the season to start getting in the spirit!!!

Project inspired by Then She Made.



2 comments:

  1. Se Edward is so helpful :) super cute friend! Did you get a chance to put them up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Halloween! So exciting! Where are you going to hang them?

    ReplyDelete