Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photo Canvas

Disclosure: I took a week off before starting my new job on the 17th of this month. It was fabulous. I think I could really get used to being a housewife. I got stuff done and didn't mind doing the chores I hate to do when I am working.

The good news is, during that week, I got several projects done and a few new recipes cheffed. The bad news is I am getting ready to go to training out of town, so the likelihood of me keeping up momentum and blogging in the next three weeks is slim to none. Therefore, I will space out the blogs I do have and will hopefully have some fun stuff to blog when I get home.

Ok, on to the Photo Canvas... 

My good friend Teenah over at Teenah's Projects inspired this project. She did her's with fabric, I did mine with scrapbook paper.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Canvas (I used 8x8)
  • Scrapbook paper (I used 12x12 and trimmed)
  • Photo (I used 4x6)
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge brush
  • Exacto Knife
  • Embellishment (Optional - I thought it was a little plain without it.)
Don't forget to incoporate the help
of the family pet!
Here's what to do:
  1. I did a layer of Mod Podge on the front of the canvas and carefully adhered the paper to the canvas. 
  2. After letting that dry for a couple minutes, I cut two sides of the corners vertically and folded the paper over the sides and adhered it with Mod Podge.
  3. Allow that to dry and trim the edges of the paper around the canvas with the Exacto knife. 
  4. Put a layer of Mod Podge all over the paper and glue your picture down.
  5. After that dries, put a couple more coats of Mod Podge all over the canvas and photo. Don't forget to do a couple more coats on the sides too - just to be sure to seal the deal. 
  6. My embellishment had it's own sticky on the back of it so I used that to adhere it to the canvas. In hindsight, I should have put it down when the last coat of Mod Podge had just been applied to help hold the stick.

3 comments:

  1. super cute friend, it looks really good next to the anniversary project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great and looks really nice next to your other project!... Ha I just read Randi's comment above and see that she feels the same... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete