Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Primavera

I have made this recipe three times now. I liked it the first time, loved it the second time, and was disappointed the third time. I'm not sure why... maybe because I didn't use chicken? I can't remember if I used it the other times. I'm not really sure. Even though I wasn't happy with it this last time, I still recommend the recipe. For a Weight Watchers meal it really is pretty good.

The Recipe

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs of think asparagus
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots (I didn't use these)
Medium sized sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced (I didn't use these either - instead I cut up some bell peppers and threw them in for flavoring.)
1 tsp bottled minced garlic (I used Dorot Frozen Garlic cubes)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes (Watch these closely, they start exploding!)
2 cups sliced rotisserie chicken breast
3/4 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450.

Snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Combine asparagus, and next three ingredients in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until veggies begin to brown. Stir veggies, add tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes.

While the vegetables roast, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well. reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Keep pasta and reserved water warm.

Combine Chicken, veggies, pasta. reserved pasta water, and whipping cream; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.


Points: 7
Yields: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
Per serving: CAL 318 (39% from fat); FAT 13.7g (sat fat 7.2g); PRO 20.9g; CARB 27.8g; CHOL 67mg; IRON 2.6mg; SOD 434 mg; CALC 181mg

The Review

Even though I wasn't in love with it this time, I am sure I will make it again. It's not the best as leftovers so I recommend having it when you are feeding guests so you can eat as much as possible in the first sitting.


3 comments:

  1. it looks fairly healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! J just brought home some asparagus I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete