Friday, January 17, 2014

Weight Loss Reward Chart

As I mentioned the other day as part of my 2014 Goals, weight loss is one of them. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs. My realistic goal is to lose 30-50lbs.

The other day, I was spending some quality time with my virtual BFF, Pinterest and came across this pin for a weight loss chart with rewards. I realize this is not a new concept, but I thought it was a great way to keep me motivated and reward me in a healthy way. Usually, I would reward with myself with a soft serve ice cream or a McDonald's Big Mac. And well, that just seems counter productive... doncha think?

Here's what I came up with:

5 lbs  =  New Scale (I want a digital. The dial one we have now sucks!)
10 lbs = New Book
15 lbs = New Jeans
20 lbs = New Shoes
25 lbs = New Hair
30 lbs = New Tops
35 lbs = New Outfit (I may substitute this with a pedicure or massage.)
40 lbs = Dress Shopping (Me? Dress shopping? Only for a special wedding! :o)
45 lbs = Weekend Getaway
50 lbs = New Bathing Suit
55 lbs = TATTOO!!!

Ok, so, after breaking it down that way, apparently my math skills need a little refreshing. I guess I want/need to lose 55 lbs to get to 130.

All of these things will cost a good chunk of money so, obviously, it will depend on how quickly I lose the weight and how quickly I make some money.

I hung this baby on the back of the closet in the bathroom so it's a daily reminder to keep working towards being healthier.

I have been watching what I eat for about a week now. The first few days were excruciating because I constantly felt hungry. Then a good friend suggested I incorporate more protein into my foods and that seemed to help. I am not seeing results yet, but I'm not giving up just yet either. I have a plan B if what I'm doing doesn't work. If plan B doesn't work then I guess I am just meant to be fluffy.


16 comments:

  1. Love the ultimate reward! Can't wait for you to get it!!! I am curious as to what plan b is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, awesome final reward, and I'm totally going to borrow this idea! As a reminder to everyone, if you want to lose weight AND keep it off for good, you can't do it without making some *sensible* changes to your diet and lifestyle. That's the basis of any truly effective weight loss strategy, and things like this can really help keep you in check. In fact, check out the following article that does a wonderful job of explaining the biggest factors in a successful and long-term weight loss plan: fatfreeme.net/big5

      Delete
  2. Just a thought! Think of the type of calories you're consuming. Whenever I drop wheat (not gluten free...just wheat) and refined carbs I can drop weight FAST. Make sure a bulk of your calories are from protein.
    Also pair protein with a carb. Apple + almonds. Banana + peanut butter. Granola + string cheese. My dietitian taught me that trick and the combo of the two helps you feel fuller longer.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought! Think of the type of calories you're consuming. Whenever I drop wheat (not gluten free...just wheat) and refined carbs I can drop weight FAST. Make sure a bulk of your calories are from protein.
    Also pair protein with a carb. Apple + almonds. Banana + peanut butter. Granola + string cheese. My dietitian taught me that trick and the combo of the two helps you feel fuller longer.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea! I'm usually just like dang I still have so far to go and don't think as much about what I accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea; totally going to make one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any update on how you have progressed? I'd love to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stuck!!! I go up and down about 2-4 lbs, but I also haven't been trying! I'm back with determination today tho. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. Keep at it girl, you got this! I love your goals and reward system. What book would you get at your next goal?

      Delete
    3. Nope you are NOT stuck.... just stalled. Hang in there. you can do this. Focus on doing just one thing and build off the good habits. You can do this!

      Delete
  7. Any update on how you have progressed? I'd love to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep at it, girl! Love your goals and rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try using myfitnesspal.com!!! It's FREE and a community full of people who are losing weight! add me if you like bradfield2015

    ReplyDelete