This was a tasty, refreshing little treat but waaaay too much for my family of two. Next time I will definitely half the recipe.
Of course I screwed up the recipe. SMH, I really don't know how I manage sometimes! LOL Check out A Little Tipsy for the original recipe. Below is how mine turned out. It went a little something like this:
|Photo borrowed from A Little Tipsy|
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 pkg graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cups oats
- 7-8 large peaches
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cool Whip
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, oats, and butter together. Put a layer in the bottom of your pan, saving some to sprinkle on top.
- Mix the lemon juice with the can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour over the peaches and mix until peaches are coated.
- Pour peach mixture into pan over crust.
- Top with Cool Whip
- Sprinkle with left over crust mixture.
|Mine looked more like this one. |
Photo borrowed from A Little Tipsy
Anyway, it turned out fine. I assume not much different than the original recipe. The lemon was a little overbearing on the first day, but seemed to have not been as bad the second day. It doesn't have a very long shelf life so either eat it fast or prepare it for when you are planning to have company.