Monday, September 17, 2012

Peach Treat


This was a tasty, refreshing little treat but waaaay too much for my family of two. Next time I will definitely half the recipe.

Of course I screwed up the recipe. SMH, I really don't know how I manage sometimes! LOL Check out A Little Tipsy for the original recipe. Below is how mine turned out. It went a little something like this:

Photo borrowed from A Little Tipsy
Ingredients
  •  2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2 pkg graham crackers, crushed
  • 1/3 cups oats
  • 7-8 large peaches 
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice 
  •  Cool Whip 
Directions
  • Mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, oats, and butter together. Put a layer in the bottom of your pan, saving some to sprinkle on top. 
  • Mix the lemon juice with the can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour over the peaches and mix until peaches are coated. 
  • Pour peach mixture into pan over crust. 
  • Top with Cool Whip
  • Sprinkle with left over crust mixture. 
Mine looked more like this one.
Photo borrowed from A Little Tipsy
So the original recipe called for whipping cream, I am assuming to make your own whipped topping. My oversight of that ingredient and getting Cool Whip instead is sort of comical. It was probably a Freudian slip. See, I love Cool Whip. I have ever since I was a kid. If we have it, I will sneak a spoon full from time to time and have even been known to have a bowl of it like ice cream. I LOVE it.

Anyway, it turned out fine. I assume not much different than the original recipe. The lemon was a little overbearing on the first day, but seemed to have not been as bad the second day. It doesn't have a very long shelf life so either eat it fast or prepare it for when you are planning to have company.



1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy and not too overwhelming with unhealthy sweetness.. healthy sweetness because of the peaches. :)

    ReplyDelete