Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spaghetti with a Twist

Of course I saw the picture above on Pinterest. Most people that know me, know I love pizza (particularly Round Table Pizza), so I thought this would be a fun, experimental twist to spaghetti... and it WAS! 

 

I got the recipe for "Pizza Spaghetti Casserole" from this site. It's really just spaghetti with pepperoni, but it sounds much fancier. LOL I did my own variation from the original recipe, but it was definitely delish. I highly recommend checking out the original recipe too because it's a little more than just spaghetti with pepperoni! 


Here is my version: 


Ingredients

  • 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Pepperoni slices cut in half, amount used at your discretion
  • 1 (26-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (I just used Ragu's Traditional -- It was on sale.)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 8-oz. of shredded Mexican cheese blend 

Preparation

  1. Cook spaghetti with 1/2 tsp. salt according to package directions. Drain well, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
  2. Add spaghetti noodles to the backing dish; pour pasta sauce over the noodles. Arrange half of the pepperoni slices evenly over pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses. Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices evenly over cheese. Cover with nonstick or lightly greased aluminum foil.
  3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.
 
The original recipe called for Italian Three Cheese blend, which I couldn't find at my store. Come to find out, I was looking in the wrong section all together. :o| That's why I just did the Mexican blend, but next time I make this I will be sure to try the Italian blend. 

The variations are endless... you could throw in mushrooms, olives, bell peppers... and anything else you might like on a pizza! The only ingredient I would be skeptical about (and I am not really sure why) is pineapple. This dish is fun, easy, and tasty!! 

My Pics:


 


3 comments:

  1. OMG that looks DELICIOUS!!! I'm gonna have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I just realized I took part in your "Wednesday is Spaghetti Day" tradition without even realizing it! :o)

      You should definitely try it. I am in love, really.

      Delete
  2. That looks Fing phenomenal!! I would need some olives and such on mine though but yummmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete