Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Butter Garlic Sauce



I kind of have a challenge going with myself right now. I want to see how long I can go without going to the grocery store so I am on the look-out for recipes with ingredients I have around the house.

K can't really have red sauces/things with a tomato base so I am always looking for pasta dishes that are of the white sauce origin, besides... what doesn't sound divine about butter and garlic?!

Ironically, the recipe I chose, although called "Butter Garlic Sauce" didn't have any butter anywhere in the recipe. Fear not! I added my own! (But only because someone that commented on the original recipe said they did the same thing - otherwise I would have followed the recipe to a T - sans the butter. LOL)

I found the recipe on All Recipes, but here it is for your convenience:


Ingredients

  • 1/2 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbsp butter (Optional)

Directions

  1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
  2. In a small skillet over medium heat saute the garlic in olive oil.
  3. Toss pasta with olive oil and garlic mixture. Add the parsley, salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. 
I did things a little different. I accidentally put in 1/3 cup of olive oil and I added the parsley and a couple teaspoons of Parmesan to the sauce as I was cooking it. I also cooked a couple pieces of chicken, diced it, and mixed it in with the pasta. I steamed some broccoli (and by steamed I mean took some frozen Trader Joe's broccoli and threw it in the microwave according to the directions on the package. LOL), put the broccoli on top, sprinkled a little more Parmesan on top and we had a pretty good meal! I mean, it was no gourmet dish, but it was good enough for something fast and easy on a work/week/school night. Plenty of leftovers for tonight's dinner too! :o) 


 

1 comment:

  1. yummmm that looks really good, I love the sound of "Butter Garlic Sauce" mmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete