I kind of have a challenge going with myself right now. I want to see how long I can go without going to the grocery store so I am on the look-out for recipes with ingredients I have around the house.
K can't really have red sauces/things with a tomato base so I am always looking for pasta dishes that are of the white sauce origin, besides... what doesn't sound divine about butter and garlic?!
Ironically, the recipe I chose, although called "Butter Garlic Sauce" didn't have any butter anywhere in the recipe. Fear not! I added my own! (But only because someone that commented on the original recipe said they did the same thing - otherwise I would have followed the recipe to a T - sans the butter. LOL)
I found the recipe on All Recipes, but here it is for your convenience:
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter (Optional)
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- In a small skillet over medium heat saute the garlic in olive oil.
- Toss pasta with olive oil and garlic mixture. Add the parsley, salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.