Monday, March 12, 2012

Crack Potatoes






I kept seeing a pin for Crack Potaotes all over Pinterest. My sister-in-law (SIL) was the first to tell me about them and with the way I love potatoes, I figured it was best to just steer clear of them. Which I did... until last night!

K, the SIL and I have taken up to bbq'g in the weekends. I am loving it, but last night, I said to my SIL, "I want to try an new recipe to go with dinner tonight." Her face lit up and she said, "Crack Potatoes?"

How could I resist that? So I headed to Pinterest to get the recipe. The recipe comes from the Plain Chicken blog. And let me tell you, there's nothing healthy about this recipe, but boy, was it mmm-mmm good!

Here's the recipe:

  • 2 (16oz) containers sour cream
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits
  • 2 packages Ranch Dip mix
  • 1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind

Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns.  Spread into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.  
 

 

Incredibly simple, spectacularly delicious.  
 
Only one complaint... It was a bit salty. Not sure if it was from the bacon or the Ranch Dip mix. When I make it again, I may forgo the bacon all together or make it fresh and see if it helps with the salt factor. Other than that, the Crack Potatoes were sinfully delicious. And don't worry if you have a smallish family and think there's not enough of you to make such a large serving -- according to the originating blog, it freezes well!


2 comments:

  1. omg it looks sooooooo yummy!!! i want to try some!

    ReplyDelete