Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crock Pot Taco Chili

Well, hello strangers! Have you missed me? I have missed you. 

I am still adjusting to my new job. I am used to having a lax work environment where I could just blog from work (on my breaks, of course. Psh.) and my new job is literally no internet, no email, no phones, etc while on the floor. I mean, I get it... we need our attention to be on saving lives, not surfing the net, but it's tough to find time to blog from home. And really, by "finding time" I mean finding the desire to want to take the time to turn on the computer, format pictures, down load pics and all the other fun stuff it takes to post a blog. Not to mention that I work from 9:45am to 8:00pm. I feel like my entire day is at work. I wake up, come home, eat dinner, unwind a bit by watching bad TV (since baseball is over GO GIANTS!!!!!!), and go to bed. Where is the time for blogging in there? ;o) 

Whatever, I am here now and that's what really matters. Just because I haven't been blogging, doesn't mean the projects have been lacking. One of the things I have been up to is making some chili. Taco Chili to be exact. It's a recipe I used to make all the time, but I haven't made it for a few years. 

Ingredients
  • 1lb ground beef (or turkey or fake meat/crumble) - browned and drained
  • 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can corn - undrained
  • 1 can black beans - undrained
  • 1 can kidney beans - undrained
  • 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (I used the less sodium)
  • 1 small onion - chopped
  • Fritos (or any tortilla chip)
  • Shredded cheese
  • Sour cream
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients except shredded cheese, sour cream, and Fritos in slow cooker and give it a stir.
  • Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. 
  • Garnish individual servings with chips, cheese, and sour cream.
This is yummolicious! :o) Now if we could just convince the beautiful So Cal weather to take some time off so we can enjoy some cooler fall temps, we'll be perfect! :o)



That's all I have for you this round. I have other recipes and projects to share, but not today... probably not tomorrow... maybe this weekend. We'll see. Just be patient with me. Hopefully, I will get my groove back soon.






2 comments:

  1. ummmmm why have you never made this for me?! It looks soooo good and totally something I would like/make. It actually kind of inspires me to make a pot of chili while my mom is away. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Do it! It's so easy... I used to make it with the crumble... it's yummy!

      Delete