Looking for a healthy, easy, comfort soup? Look no further. This recipe that came from "gimme some oven" is scrumpdilicious! I made some slight modifications.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I used 3 cubes of Dorot frozen garlic.)
- 8 cups good-quality chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped (I used 3 cubes of Dorot frozen basil.)
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large cooking pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and garlic then stir for 60 seconds.
- Stir in chicken stock, chicken, and bay leaves.
- Let simmer for an hour (or 30 minutes if you're rushed).
- Bring soup back to a boil.
- Add basil and orzo - cooking according to package directions.
Yum! I have made it twice now and it's a dish K and I both like.
It's a bit on the salty side as is so be sure to taste test before you add any salt!
Also, if you have leftovers, be forewarned that the Orzo seems to soak up all the broth making it less soupy. K eats it as is, but I add a little water to mine before heating it up and it's fine.
P.S. This recipe is Weight Watchers friendly!
6 Points Per Serving: