All I did was remove the wire hanger. Then I Mod Podged the paper to the plaque. Let it dry, then put a couple more layers of Mod Podge to seal it. Once that dried, I pushed a tack through the paper where the holes already were on the plaque and re-threaded the wire. Then I put the photo corners on on the picture and attached the picture to the plaque.
I could definitely be embellished more if you wanted to. I love that the picture can be changed out. Once I started this project, it took everything in me to not run out to the dollar store and buy 16 more plaques because I suddenly had several pictures I could use and multiple ideas for gifts for people!