Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chicken N Dumplin Soup

I absolutely LOVE Chicken N Dumplins. Our friends makes some that are to die for simply because they remind me of home. I don't really know why they remind me of home because I am not sure that I really recall my mom ever making them, but I guess they remind me of home in that they're just good ol' comfort food.

Anywho, K doesn't really like Chicken N Dumplins - she says because there's no veggies. So when I saw this recipe that had veggies in it, I thought I would give it a try.

There was no real adventure in this cooking. It went off without a hitch. Shocking, I know.

I am not really sure how this "soup" differs from the real other than the veggies, but the "soup" was surprisingly delish. (I am often surprised when something I make turns out good. LOL - will that ever go away?) And it was filling!

I was super skeptical with the biscuits... I didn't think they were going to be cooked right, but if I have learned one thing in cooking, it is to trust the process. So, I did and it paid off!

My only complaint? It's not as good as left overs. (Which I also think about real Chicken N Dumplins.) And if there's a next time, I would rather do a fresh veggie medley than used canned.

Chicken and Dumplin’ Soup
10 3⁄4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
4 c. chicken broth
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I poached mine)
2 (15-oz.) cans mixed vegetables
12-oz. tube refrigerated biscuits, quartered (I halved the quarters and still cut them down when I was eating it)
Optional: pepper to taste

Combine soup and broth in a 6-quart stockpot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until smooth. Stir in chicken and vegetables; bring to a boil. 
Drop biscuit quarters into soup; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Let soup sit 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle each serving with pepper, if desired. Serves 6 to 8.

Recipe compliments of this blog.


2 comments:

  1. it seems so weird to me that you put the dough in uncooked. but chicken n dumplings has always seemed like it would be relly yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad it worked out. Agreed its weird you put the dough in uncooked...

    ReplyDelete