Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crochet Bow


How cute is this little guy?!

Before Christmas, some of my co-workers were doing some crochet projects that included a bow. I, personally, am not a big bow kind of girl, but that doesn't mean I cant appreciate a cute bow! I immediately came home and searched for a bow pattern on Pinterest.

The other night I finished up a crochet project (to be blogged in a few days - it has to make it to it's recipient before I can blog about it) and I didn't really want to be done crocheting so I decided to make a bow. I chose this one from Abby's Crafts.

Here's how you do it:

Chain 19.
Half Double Crochet (HDC) in 3rd to the last chain. Continue with HDC in each chain so you have 17 HDC's.
Turn, chain two, HDC in the rest of the row. (The two chains counts as one HDC)
Do this until you have seven rows of HDC's.
Weave the string to the center.
Fold 1/4 of the way, like an accordion, so it is folded three times. (Click here for a pic)
Wrap the yarn around the folds.
Tie off.
Weave in the loose ends.

So simple, so cute! Not sure what I will use it for. It would easily slide over a headband... Or maybe I will make a beenie and sew it on... I am sure I will figure out something to do with it. It's too cute not to do something with.

1 comment:

  1. All of that crochet talk sounded like a foreign language. This bow is so freaking cute though! I was thinking headband too but I think on a beanie would be even cuter!.... Or earmuffs or attach it to a scarf or something that will go around a person's neck to keep their neck warm but with a cute bow on it. haha Or on gloves, or a hairclip. lol i love bows so the possibilities are endless i think.

    ReplyDelete