Thursday, November 3, 2011

1st Christmas Craft of the Year

I saw this pin on Pinterest and thought in the day and age of the Words with Friends craze, this could be cute, but it would definitely need some dressing up.



Here's my version of dressing up.

All I did to dress them up was to put color to the ribbon, and as you can see, I tied little bows on Barbara's.

Simply hot glue the letters together. The glue will ooze out on the front and back of the tiles when you put them together, but don't fret. When it dries, it's super easy to just pick off and it cleans right up.

They're kind of fragile. I dropped a few while assembling them and they just snapped right apart, so I thought a little reinforcement might help.

Here's what I did to add reinforcement.

I just added a little ribbon on the back. It gives more support to the tiles and dresses up the ornament even more.

I am planning on using these as the gift tags for their actual presents. Hopefully, actually people will keep them and hang them on their tree!

Obviously there's a lot more you can do with these to dress them up. I may do that as I do the rest of them. I only have about 40 more to make!

The biggest challenge is going to be finding enough Scrabble games to complete all of them. Watch out thrift stores and garage sales, I'll be coming for your Scrabble games!

2 comments:

  1. That's cute! I dont think I would have the patience for a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for the holidays! I was planning to make my first initial into a ring. If you have trouble looking for tiles at thrift stores you can always buy replacement bags from Hasbro! They're $6.50, not sure on shipping!

    Here:
    http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/replacement_parts.cfm?page=&per_page=10&order_by=S

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete