Friday, August 2, 2013

Oven Bacon

Oops! Apparently I let this blog post without actually posting anything. Ha! Well, here's the content:

I LOVE bacon. Grew up loving bacon. I don't think anyone made bacon as perfect and delicious as my Dad made bacon!

As an adult, I have often longed for bacon, but have been to uuuhhh scared to make it. I always remember my Dad swearing when the bacon would pop and hot grease would splash on him. Not only that, but the weird disposal process of the bacon grease afterwards is just gross. Therefore, those two hang ups always prevented me from attempting to make bacon.

And then there was Pinterest. Pinterest told me I could make bacon in the oven. No hot grease splashing me and an easy clean up? I'm in!!

I tried this version first. Pretty simple - line baking sheet with foil - put bacon in oven and turn oven on to 400 (do not preheat) - bake for 16-20 minutes.
I checked it at 16 minutes and didn't think it was crispy enough so I put it in for another two. This is what happened:

Uuuhh - that's a little more crispy than I like. Thankfully, I had only used half the package of bacon so I had another batch to try this with. I searched Pinterest for a different "recipe" and found one on "Dinner by Pinterest".

I knew right away I would like this one better because it told me to flip the bacon half way through cooking it. Don't ask me why that made me feel better, but it did.

Again, really easy: Preheat oven to 350 - Lay bacon of a foil lined baking sheet - Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes (turning half way through) until desired crispiness achieved.

Muuuuuch better!!! It wasn't as good as my Dad's bacon was, but it was good enough! As a result, I made my first ever BLT!

It was freaking delicious! Although, next time I would definitely add more bacon and not toast the bread. I love the toasted bread, but it always tears up the roof of my mouth. Someone told me to try putting both pieces of bread in the same toaster slot so it only toasts one side of the bread. Pretty clever. I might give that a try next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment