Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Loaded Potato Slices


I never met a potato I didn't like and these were no exception.

Ingredients:
  • Potato 
  • Shredded cheese
  • Bacon
  • Green Onions
  • Butter
  • Olive oil
 Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Rub the outside of the potato with a little olive oil
  • Slice potatoes (try and get them all the same thickness - about 1/4 inch thick.)
  • Brush both sides with melted butter
  • Bake in for 30-40 minutes - flipping once (I did 40 minutes, 20 on each side.)
  • Take potatoes out of the oven and add the toppings.
  • Throw back in the oven for another 3 minutes or until cheese is melted
This recipe was modified from keyingredient.

I like options, so I served them with both sour cream and ranch dressing. The ranch dressing was definitely my preference. I threw in a little broccoli for a side so it felt more healthy than it really was.

The only thing I'd do different next time is spray the cookie sheet w/cooking spray because when I went to go flip the taters, they kind of stuck.

I LOVED these. I asked K what she thought and her response was, "They're ok... they're... different." Different?! They were delicious. I'm not sure where here taste buds grew up, but this is coming from a person that doesn't really like bacon. Who doesn't like bacon!!! LOL




2 comments:

  1. um, this looks AHmazing! I am positive I would have loved to eat it all! I love that you had it with some broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some like this at my housewarming! Yours look delicious with the melty cheese mmmmmm... and I love that you have options for dipping! I definitely would like to try with ranch. I'm not sure how Kelly didnt fall in love with these! I'd be requesting them all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete