These guys were ... interesting. At the same time, they had potential.
K first saw this recipe on Facebook. When I went to make them, of course I couldn't find the recipe of Facebook again and I knew Pinterest would have it. They did. I didn't find one that linked back to a particular blog so I don't really know who the proper credit should go to.
The recipe on Facebook was for a large family. There are only two of us, so I scaled it down quite a bit.
- 1 can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
- Pepperoni Slices
- Jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder
- Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Cut 10 smallish pieces of each cheese
- Flatten biscuit
- Put a couple pepperoni, the cheese, and a couple more pepperoni
- Fold biscuit around pepperoni and cheese
- Place face down in a 9x9 pyrex dish (I'm sure a pan would work, but I would spray it first)
- Repeat 9 more times
- Once they're all in the baking dish, lightly brush them with the egg
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Powder
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Use pizza sauce for dipping
At the same time, I think these had potential. With the small changes I mentioned above and maybe using other ingredients like olives, or Hawaiian style ingredients, they could be better. I might make them again if my nieces or nephews were in town, but I doubt I will make the for K and me again.