Saturday, October 19, 2013

Crescent Pizza Rolls


These guys were ... interesting. At the same time, they had potential.

K first saw this recipe on Facebook. When I went to make them, of course I couldn't find the recipe of Facebook again and I knew Pinterest would have it. They did. I didn't find one that linked back to a particular blog so I don't really know who the proper credit should go to.

The recipe on Facebook was for a large family. There are only two of us, so I scaled it down quite a bit.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
  • Pepperoni Slices
  • Jack cheese
  • Cheddar cheese
  • 1 beaten egg
  • Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder
  • Pizza Sauce
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425*F
  • Cut 10 smallish pieces of each cheese
  • Flatten biscuit
  • Put a couple pepperoni, the cheese, and a couple more pepperoni
  • Fold biscuit around pepperoni and cheese
  • Place face down in a 9x9 pyrex dish (I'm sure a pan would work, but I would spray it first)
  • Repeat 9 more times
  • Once they're all in the baking dish, lightly brush them with the egg
  • Sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Powder
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes
  • Use pizza sauce for dipping
Sooo, these were Oh-Kay. I'm not sure I was a huge fan of the Italian Seasoning. If I were to do these again, I wouldn't use it. I also would have used mozzarella cheese. (I used what I had on hand.) I also think we had the buttery buttermilk biscuits which I think gave it a weird sweet kind of flavoring.

At the same time, I think these had potential. With the small changes I mentioned above and maybe using other ingredients like olives, or Hawaiian style ingredients, they could be better. I might make them again if my nieces or nephews were in town, but I doubt I will make the for K and me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment