Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Honey Chicken

This is a dish I have actually made a couple times before, but it had been a while. A while as in, I think this was one of the first recipes I tried out from Pinterest.

The original recipe came from "MMM...CAFE". She offers a crock pot and an oven version on her website. I have always done the oven version so that is what I am sharing with you here.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 pound chicken (of your choice) A pound works just fine.
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp chopped onion (or 1/2 Tbsp onion flakes)
  • 1 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes I skip this part.
Directions:
  • Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper
  • Place in 8x8 dish
  • Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
I served mine over brown rice with a side of Edamame, which is like crack for me. It's a good mix of savory and sweet and good for leftovers.

Note: I didn't get this recipe from a Fibro cookbook, but I am tagging it as a Fibro recipe because it has a lot of the same ingredients that most of the Fibro recipes use. 



2 comments: