Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

It's been a while since I've done any crafting. What better time than to get into the spirit of it with a quick, inexpensive, 4th of July project?!

I got the idea from a pin that lined to this blog, which provided no instructions on how to do it, but it looked easy enough.

Supplies:
  • Medium Mason Jar
  • Mini flag ($1 at Michaels)
  • Hemp or string of some sort. 
Directions:

Hold the flag in  place on the jar, wrap string artistically around the jar and flag. Tie off the string.(I'm sure if you wanted to do it more permanently, you could mod podge the flag down and maybe dip the string in mod podge before you wrapped it.)

I got some flameless candles and I had one real candle. I tried both to see which I like better. I liked the real candle, for sure, but if I decide to put these outside, I will stick with the flameless candles.

Flameless on the left, real on the right,
Pre-candles. They're even cute without candles!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. Keep your pets inside where they're safe and leave lights and TVs on to try and muffle the sound of the fireworks!

In other news - HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY to my first born nephew. If I had time, I would dig up some baby pics of him, but he's lucky. He gets this one of us from about two years ago before his high school graduation.




2 comments:

  1. Super cute craft friend! Love it with and without the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out super cute and hella patriotic looking!!

    ReplyDelete