Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sketti Saturday

So what that I made this recipe Wednesday night, ate it Thursday night for dinner, and am calling it Sketti Saturday. I'm scheduling this blog to post on Saturday, so it works.

So what that I am writing this blog when I only had one bite to taste test so that I could write the blog.

So what that maybe I should have called the blog "So What" instead of Sketti Saturday.

So what.

Moving on...

I posted earlier about how I am making lots of casseroles and one of my loyal readers, aka good friend LisaBella, gave me lots of links to recipes. One of them being Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole from the blog "Plain Chicken". Then my friend Ms. Rink from Bows and Leopard pinned it. I felt like the food gods were giving me a sign that it should be my next cheffing adventure. And so it was.



Ingredients:
  •  12 oz spaghetti - I used linguini because it's what we had... which is odd because I have never even cooked linguini in my life!
  • 1 (28 ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce - Seriously? This annoyed me to no end. Pasta comes in 16 oz packages, recipes always call for 12 oz. Pasta sauce? The most I found in a jar was 24 oz. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. I ended up buying the mondo jar of Ragu and literally measured 28 oz.
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 clove garlic, minced - I use frozen garlic cubes (see photo on right) and I used 3 of them. I like garlic. A lot.
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated - I eyeballed. Is 1/2 a cup really enough cheese to cover a 9x13 dish? I think not. 
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.

In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce.  Set aside.

Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet.  Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl.  Add cream cheese, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic.  Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.

Lightly grease a 9x13" pan.  Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish.  Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.

Review:  From the one bite I had, this bad boy is delicious! I will definitely have this be a regular in our recipe rotation!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yours looks AMAZING. I have to make this again and add more cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked amazing! Why didn't you eat more?!

    ReplyDelete