Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baked Ziti

There is nothing fancy about this dish. It's just a basic Baked Ziti, but it is my first time cooking it, so I figured I'd share it with all of you... (all four of you that I know read regularly. LOL)


I got this recipe from All Recipes, one of my most favorite recipe websites. Here is the recipe:


Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
  • 24 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
  3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  4. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving. 
I had about half the amount of mozzarella cheese so I just added a little more ricotta. I pre-cooked and added some Johnsonsville's chicken sausage to it. 
Overall, it was pretty tasty, although it could have been a little more saucy. I'm sure it's a dish I will do again. It was really heavy so smaller servings are better with a small side salad (although, we didn't do the salad). I just served ours with a piece of garlic toast. 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing right now!!! (minus the animal product)... in fact I think think I have a lean cuisine lame version as my lunch today!

    ReplyDelete