Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Have Issues.

Isn't it weird how the mind works? Sometimes when I see things that I don't think bother me at the time, days later, it will randomly pop back into my head.

The other day... not sure where I saw it - if it was on Pinterest or Facebook, but there was a picture of a toilet paper roll loaded the wrong way (under not over.) On the bottom side of the toilet paper roll, there was a spider. Then there were the words, "This is why you load the toilet paper the RIGHT way," or something along those lines.

So now it seems, every time I go to the bathroom at work, where the toilet paper is loaded the wrong way, that pic of the spider pops into my head. And my overly anxious, imaginative mind takes it even further and sees a spider go flying across the stall as I spin the toilet paper roll. One time I even envisioned a freak out when the spider landed on me somewhere.

I have issues, I know.

Now, I will admit, I have a completely irrational fear of spiders. Even when they are enclosed in cages. One time I went to a friend of a friends house (because no friend of mine would have spiders as pets) and they had two giant tarantula spiders in a glass aquarium. When I saw them, I immediately became dizzy and had to sit down. They terrify my.

Just now, I went to look for the picture I mentioned. I started with Pinterest and searched "toilet paper with spider" and it pretty much just gave me a bunch of ways to make a spider with rolls of toilet paper.

So I braved Google. I searched "toilet paper spider". And I nearly died. My eyes started watering. Weakness started seeping into my limbs and I found I could no longer scroll. My thumb flailed to the bottom of the screen where I attempted to hit home and threw my phone down. I took a couple deep breaths to calm myself and picked the phone back up. You can imagine my dismay when I picked up my phone and it was STILL ON THE SCREEN OF SPIDERS!!!! Before the watery eyes and uncontrollable weakness could set in, I hit home and got the hell out of there!!

Like I said, I have issues.

Does anyone else's mind work this way? Or is this just one of the perks of being the conductor of the crazy train?

Needless to say, I don't have the picture with the spider to show you. But I will leave you with this one so you know the right way to load your toilet paper:

2 comments:

  1. Oh man spiders creep me out too, also people who put their toilet roll the wrong way creeps me out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... it is very obvious when toilet paper is not on right. I feel like people do it on purpose to be annoying.

    ReplyDelete