I'm not sure I have shared with you that K has Fibromyalgia. It's a crappy disease to have and one of the things that is supposed to help it is the things you eat. K recently had a pretty gnarly flare up so we have been trying to do things a little different. This recipe is one of those things. I got it out of a book called, "The Fibromyalgia Cookbook." Clever name, I know.
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast - cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli - cut into bite size pieces
- 2 carrots - cut into strips
- 1 large onion - cut into large slices
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional because I didn't use it.)
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of chicken broth in a medium bowl. Add chicken to the broth mixture. I let this kind of marinate while I cut my veggies.
- Cook the chicken in a large nonstick skillet with the broth mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon, leaving the liquid in the skillet.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, onion, and remaining broth. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with oil and serve.