Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thank You Indiana!


There are moments where I am embarrassed to be from Indiana. The state is somewhat behind the times and conservative at best, but it also holds a certain charm for the same reasons.


"There's more than corn in Indiana." ---- not really. At least there's not much more than corn. But if it weren't for Indiana, I would have no idea how delicious a fresh ear of farm grown corn is - and it's AH-MAZING! The tomatoes from Indiana are like no other too. So juicy and full of flavor... I have never had one like it outside of the state. I am grateful for the quality of produce Indiana has given me. 


If it weren't for Indiana, I would have no idea the charm and fear covered bridges have. They are adorable, but terrifying to drive over. Never mind that they are about as long as a barn and there's usually just a creek below - it still freaks me out! Hello?! Have you not seen Beetlejuice?! LOL 


Indiana has shown me that people still live - and survive - in a different way of life that is devoid of electricity, computers, cell phones, even land line phones, and so much more. Their lives are simple, yet fascinating.


Had I never lived in Indiana, I would never know the real 4 seasons. Winter is cold and snowy - something I never really got used to. Spring was gorgeous. Summer was humid beyond belief - something else I never got used to. And Fall was just beautiful with its crisp chill in the air and the breath taking colors of foliage. Something I definitely don't get living in California. 

So, as much as I hate to admit it sometimes, I am grateful for my Indiana roots. It has given me more in life than I ever gave it credit for. If only I had appreciated it more when I actually lived there. 

P.S. I fell a little behind on my daily gratitudes so I am going to do my best to catch up. :o)

1 comment:

  1. awww I like that this post let me learn a little more about you! And omg that bridge picture! I hella was like that looks like Beetlejuice and then I read what you wrote about it. hahaha... uhhh how can I get my hands on some of that corn and tomatoes? Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete