Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pages of Gratitude

I love books. 
As I may have mentioned before, I love books so much I am a borderline book hoarder.
I am loyal to books. 
I have a Kindle Fire but have yet to actually read a book on it. 
Books, like movies, are a great escape for me. 
I love feeling like I have traveled to another world.
I become so engrossed in a book and it's characters as I am reading it that my own world becomes distant.
I love a book that evokes a wide span of emotions. Jodie Picoult's books often do this. I go through such emotional conflicts in her stories. It's awesome.
I love a book that can make me laugh out loud. Jen Lancaster does that for me. 
I love a book that can make me cry. Nicholas Sparks has been known to get a tear or two from me. 
I just love books. 
Although, there are a few I wont read. 
Harlequin romance style books. 
Sci-Fi books. (But I once loved Dean Koontz. Not anymore though.)
Scary books. Again - I used to love scary books. But after living alone for a couple years and sitting in my apartment alone and terrified after reading, I just don't read them anymore.

For more on the books I've read, am currently reading, and want to read, check out my Goodreads profile.

3 comments:

  1. I love finding books that i can get that into too! I feel like it's not as easy for me to find the right ones maybe though. So even though you live with others now, you still can't read scary books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I s'pose I coul. I just don't cuz I scare so easily these days. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep. Hello... Do u nit remember when I was hooked on Forensic Files and every day life turned into an episode. And did I ever tell u about the time I dragged my mattress to the living room cuz I got so scared?!

      Delete
    2. LMAO yes I love the mattress in the living room story... and the one about calling for help but not being able to walk to the door to let the help in. lol

      Delete