Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas - 2012

Merry Christmas everyone!!

This is the first year in many - no - this is the first year ever that I have not gotten to spend Christmas with family. Sure, K and I are together (sort of) and we have our boys, but by family, I mean our extended family. I say sort of to K and I being together because she went to work last night at 8pm and I was gone to work before she got home and now she has to go to work again tonight... so although we are in the same area, we aren't really going to be together but for a couple of hours. 

That's why we actually had our Christmas on Friday! Well, that and because we suck at giving gifts. LOL We are both really bad at it because we get really excited about what we got for each other and then don't want to wait to exchange. This usually happens on birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Either way, we shared a great Christmas together... here are a few of the things we got for each other! 


I asked for A Walk to Remember and I got three bonus movies - that was a good find right there! I will have a tear jerker marathon!
Bridesmaids is just a classic and should be in the reserves.
Little Miss Sunshine I actually bought for myself when I was getting one of K's presents, but I wrapped it and put it under the tree - "To: Me / From: K" :o) (It was only $5 ... I couldn't resist.)


Because I love a book, sisters, and all things weird! 


Because every house should have a cribbage board and a deck of cards for those rainy days when you just want to spend quality time with your family. I don't think K is all that excited about this one because she swears I have a way with cards and she is doomed for ass whoopings! Hahah


I like to have an occasional glass of wine. (Who am I fooling? A glass always becomes a bottle!) Anyway, we don't have any wine glasses so I usually drink it out of a glass. Like an every day glass tumbler. You know, the kinds that average people drink soda and juice and milk from. I don't want to be average. I mean, I'm drinking wine because that's what above average people do, right? (At least they seem to think so. LOL) I never felt classy and elegant drinking it from the normal glass so now I can feel elegant and classy when I want a glass (bottle) of wine! This just might lead to me drinking more wine so I'm not really sure how much of a good thing it is, but I will be testing it out tonight!! :o) 

The coffee cup is because with these lame hours I have been working (5:45am - 4pm) I need caffeine. As much of it as I can get. So I am trying to learn to love coffee. It's a daily battle. I don't like the metallic cups. I am certain it makes the coffee taste different... it makes my mouth feel metallicy. LOL So, I asked for a plastic cup to try out. I must say, I DO like it better. 


I love regular Reece's Peanut Butter cups, but I especially love the holiday ones!!


Of course there had to be a pair of funky socks in the mix. It's just who I am! K said they were the very last ones in the entire store... otherwise there would have been more. 

A new transient sweater!! Now I can retire my old one (that I have had for a mere 7 years) that was really starting to look like I might have stolen it from a transient! (For those of you that know - you know, the grey one, with the wood buttons? It was really getting bad!) The best part of this sweater? Well, two things - the hood... and it's Converse brand! I love me anything Converse! 


And last, but certainly not least.. I got my People magazine subscription. Here's my theory on People magazine: First... If it's not in People, it's not true. In other words, if it's in Us or any other trashy tabloid magazine, but it's not in People... then it's not true! It doesn't become true until People publishes it. Secondly, I believe People magazine will keep me young. I refuse to be one of those 30-somethings that has to ask a kid - who's that celebrity? I will be in the celebrity know and therefore, will always be young! Right? Right!
 (This present was supposedly from Edward and Willy... see the paw prints on the card? :o)

K did good. Really good. I am sure she will agree that it helped that I gave her a very detailed list with lots of options. It really does make a difference when shopping for others. I remember one year my sister gave me a really detailed list and I ended up buying her the most gifts because she made it so easy. Take this as a lesson - PROVIDE DETAILED WISH LISTS!! 

Here's what K made out with:


A waffle iron - she's wanted one since we started dating 3.5 years ago! 
A pair of jeans - not that much fun, but practical.
Bruno Mars CD - it seemed like an odd request, but I went with it. :o) 
SF Giants World Series Champions shirt. Helloooo - she HAD to have this. (Not to mention she might have divorced me if she didn't get something Giants related!) This was also the most challenging gift. Finding Giants stuff down in So Cal's Dodger/Angel country is TOUGH! 
HiChew candies - They're just yummy. If you haven't had them, try them. My favorite is the Melon flavor, but that's everyone else's favorite too so it's hard to find! 
Wearable slippers - and by wearable, I mean they look enough like real shoes that she can wear them out of the house and to work without people knowing she's wearing slippers. It's how we roll. 
Also not pictured here - A word search book for her to do at work and a Toblerone candy bar that seemed to have mysteriously disappeared! 

Like I said, it was a good Christmas for us together. I look forward to many many more, but preferably with our very much missed extended family!

I would love to hear about the highlights of your Christmas. What did you get? Did you start any new traditions? What are some of your favorite old traditions? 


1 comment:

  1. Awww you are such a sap with your romantical movies. Bridesmaids is a definite must! You are funny that you bought yourself a present and said it was from her. hahahaa I love that you are gangster and drink wine from a normal glass... but now you are going to have to be all fancy with your wine glass. Pinkies out! :) I always think of you with the different shaped peanut butter cups. My mom got my brother a package from Target... each cup is like a pound each... it looked like the regular one with two in them but blown up like honey I blew up the peanut butter cup style. Sad about your old sweater but i love that it gives you a reason to have something new. :) Magazine subsriptions are so much fun! :) I love getting them in the mail. And that issue of People I really wanted to read. I love all the stuff you got for the wife as well. Rocky actually got my mom that Bruno Mars CD too! We like him a lot. And I'm glad the wife finally got her waffle iron! I'm wondering what happened to that toblerone bar....suspicious. Thanks for sharing this post! I loved it! =)

    ReplyDelete