Monday, September 10, 2012

Belated Anniversary Getaway

K and I took a spur of the moment getaway to Carlsbad Friday night. We literally decided to go at about 3pm on Friday, booked the hotel, came home, packed a bag and off we went. We justified the trip as a belated anniversary getaway since we didn't do much of anything on our anniversary other than spend the day together. It was much needed and we had a blast. 

Friday

We arrived at the hotel and I must admit it was no Hilton, but that's the chance you take when you travel on a budget. K and I made the best of it... We took the sheet off the second bed and laid it over the couch so we could comfortably sit on it and watched a little TV. Then we put towels down on the chairs at the table and played cards till the wee hours of the morning. Periodically I would get an itch or I would let my thoughts run and I would announce to K, "I don't like it here." She'd laugh at me and shake her head but she agreed that it didn't have a very warm feeling. After the initial night, I was settled in and fine with it the rest of our stay.

Saturday 

We started off the day having breakfast at a local spot called "A Little Moore". It was a quaint little joint with good food and good service. I got a chuckle out of the syrup. I don't think I have ever asked for syrup from a restaurant and they brought me a bottle that people usually have in their cupboard. 

After breakfast, we looked for a local Target to pick up a couple things and then headed out to find a beach. 


We found a little local beach right on PCH and set up camp. The sand was so fine and soft it was like powder. I loved it! The waves were rolling in pretty steady, but they weren't huge. I am a chicken when it comes to swimming in the ocean tho so I only went in waste deep. K went in all the way. On the hike back to the car K looked over and saw that awesome view of the marsh with the life guard tower on the other side. I wouldn't mind going back to that beach. Would be good for boogey boarding.

Next up was dinner. I don't have any pictures from dinner, but here's a few shots that we took on our walk to dinner. Beautiful sunset!

Sunday
 
I happened to see that there were some factory outlets in Carlsbad and I wanted to check them out. Outlets, IMO, are hit or miss. They claim better prices, but they're not really. If you have the patience, you might be able to find a deal or two. I'm not sure we found those deals, but we did find some goods to take home with us. 
 
 K found herself an awesome Giants hat. As if we need another Giants hat. LOL 
I found that cute bag that I think screams me. 
I also got a pair of jeans on clearance at The Gap for $15 and a cute top for $6. Those will be my "first day of school" outfit for next week when I start my new job. :o) Maybe I will do an OOTD in the spirit of Ms. Rink.

We both had a great time and came home feeling relaxed and happy. I would say it was much needed by both of us and I am glad we decided to go.

3 comments:

  1. aw glad you had a nice lil get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so relaxing! I'm jealous! And yes, please do an OOTD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The OOTD is not going to happen for the following reasons:
      1.) Every pic I looked chunky in.
      2.) There was no one to take the pics so they were all mirror pics which never work out for me.
      3.) By the time I got home where there was someone to take the pic, I no longer felt cute.
      4.) Most of all... it was not cute or funky enough to do an OOTD. Perhaps I can just text you one of the pics I took that I think looked horrible. LOL

      Delete