Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Streak is Broken

The whole purpose of the other two blogs about the SF Giants was to get  us to this one. It won't be as long and wordy, I promise.

After the 2010 season, K and I had bigger fish to fry... like getting married. So we weren't fortunate enough to catch a live game all of the 2011 season. It was a little sad considering all the activity we had in 2010, but getting married was worth missing some games. Since we are still trying to play catch up from the wedding, we didn't think any games were on the horizon for us in 2012 either...

That is until K's best friend said she had never been to a game with K and wanted to be able to experience the game through her excitement and happiness - so she bought us all tickets to the Giants v. Angels game at Anaheim Stadium.

Here are some pics:

Our seats. Not baaaad!!!
Giants fans everywhere - rockin' the
suit and flip flops, dude!
The hot dogs were gianormous! My kind of dog!
Uhhh... I will keep the comments to myself. This brave woman
posted this to Facebook!! Love her for her bravery!! LOL
The Crew after getting beat by the Angels. Thanks Zito!
And thanks Mrs. Fix for being sure to show the angels love.
*Scratching my head in confusion* :o)
Thank you Mrs. & Mrs. Fix for our first game in over a year, a great night, and memories we will forever cherish! 

Then... after not going to any games in over a year, I got a call Friday from a friend that has season tickets and he wanted to know if K and I wanted to go to that game. When it rains, it pours - but in this case, in a good way! Granted, they weren't playing the Giants... in fact, they were playing our arch nemesis, the Dodgers. We went anyway and had a great time. Here's a couple shots from that game:

A little higher than we usually sit, but great view of the field!
Oooohhhhh

Aaaaahhhhh

Finished it off with fireworks!
It was a fun game, despite having to sit next to a Dodgers fan the whole time. There was a lot of friendly ish talking. I wish I got his phone number because I would love to be able to gloat about how we just swept the Dodgers and are now tied for first. BOOOYAH!

1 comment:

  1. It's like a side of you I have never seen! lol Seems like a lot of fun and I am glad you got to go to some free games when the funds weren't allowing you to. And omg that picture with the hot dog... what is she looking up at? lol

    ReplyDelete