Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday, Love!



Normally, we are not big on Birthdays. Neither one of us like direct attention, but I think part of this has to do with getting older. The older I get, the less of a hooplah I want. K is the same way. BUT I feel like there are certain birthdays that need to be acknowledged more. Milestone birthdays. Like 40. :o) 

K turned 40 on Sunday. The original plan was to go camping, K got a new job (YAY Honey!) and the new job is not Monday through Friday, so camping was kind of out the window. However, I found this rad campfire cake on Pinterest about seven weeks ago (according to Pinterest) and I have been patiently waiting for K's bday to make it.

In an effort to still do something for her birthday and keep the camping theme (duh - so I could still make the cake), I planned a small beach bonfire BBQ (and by BBQ, I mean - roasted hotdogs on a hanger).

Here are the pictures of the day...

                        The Scene:

Doheny State Beach
The Oasis
The fire.... It was insanely windy.
 Friends:
Kitty & K
"Junior" & Kam
Me & Kim

                                                           The Cake:


With the real campfire in the background to compare.
Oh, and let's not forget my other masterpiece:


This was the most fun to make. I just wish I didn't procrastinate till the last minute so I could have had a wider range of pics (like from birth to 40), but procrastinating is what I do, so I did the best with what I had and think it turned out rather cute! 

Happy 40th Birthday, my love. 
I hope that you felt loved on your special day. 
I hope that 40 is better than you think it's going to be.
I hope you wake up every day with a smile on your face because you are loved and adored. (By more than just me, too! ;o)
I hope you are as happy as you make me! 
I love you. Welcome to your 40's!

3 comments:

  1. dang crafty. love the cake, love the poster with the pictures...and LOVE how happy everyone looks in the pictures from the day of...it looked like an awesome time. Happy Birthday K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww how sweet! Looks like so much fun!! I like the shot of the two fires...hahaha... I am wondering what that fire on the cake is made out of. Great job with everything friend, sounds like a fun bday to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cake! Did you really make melted butterscotch and cinnamon hard candies "flames"? Impressive. Happy Birthday, K!

    ReplyDelete