Friday, March 16, 2012

Big Plans

I don't get very much "me" time, aka - alone time. Typically I only get it during my commute to and from work and I don't drive myself to work every day.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I adore my wife and when we're together, I can't think of one time that I thought, "I'm tired of her. I wish I could just be alone." LOL But I think everyone likes (and needs) a little "me time".

This weekend, K is going to visit some family. I am jealous of her trip and desperately wish I could just go with her, but I can't. So, I am staying home with the cats and the Sis-in-law.

Since I cant go with her, I am making the best of it and boy do I have BIG plans.

Here is what it looks like (listed in no particular order):
  • Clean house
  • Read Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult (I am convincing K that I need a pity present since I will be all alone and this book would be the present. :o)
  • Read under a tree, in the park on a blanket (Cancelled due to forecasted rain)
  • Read at the beach (Cancelled due to forecasted rain)
  • Craft - magnets, scrabble pendants, cards for friends, cards for Relay for Life, crochet, make a Relay for Life piggy bank to take in to work with me, make bow for Ms. Rink's pig, 
  • Go for Walks  (Cancelled due to forecasted rain)
  • Work out on the treadmill
  • Try out our Yoga video
  • Take in the recycling
  • Plan for K's bday
  • Grocery shop
  • Bake
  • Chef
  • Go thrifting/yard sale-ing
  •  Walk to Go to Starbucks, grab a coffee, and hit up the manager about doing something Relay related at the store
  • Solicit the apartment complexes and ask if we can advertise the Relay in their apartment complex
  • Create my Recipe Binder
  • Get care packages ready to mail
  • Go have a green beer on St. Patty's Day
  • Go see a movie
  • Get some pictures printed
  • Hang some pictures
  • Car - get oil changed, change headlight, fix leaky tire.
  • Organize crafting stuff
  •  Pimp my blog
Like I said, I have BIG plans for myself during this "me" time.

Did I mention she leaves Friday evening and comes home Sunday, early afternoon? So really, I only have one full day to myself. That's a lot to accomplish in one day.

The list grows with something new two or three times a day. I am sure I will come up with more stuff to do after I post this! Ten bucks says I sleep in till noon on Saturday and barely get one thing on my list done!

I will follow-up with you Monday. In the meantime, have a grrrrreat weekend!

XO

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i like! That is a LOT to do!! I think you should get the book, and go to the car place and read while your car is being worked on. And then pimp your blog and little things when you get home. I can't wait to hear all that you have accomplished in this me weekend of yours!

    ReplyDelete