Monday, February 27, 2012

The One and Only, Buddy!

Sweet, handsome boy

Buddy. Bud-man. Bud-bud. Buderick. Buddy McBudderson. He had many names, but there will always only be one Buddy.

Buddy was K's cat and I got the joy of loving him for the last two years of his life. Oh, and he made sure I loved him. There was no way around that!!

Snuggled in

I don't even know where to begin talking about him. He was, truly, the sweetest cat I have ever encountered.

When he wanted your attention and you weren't giving it to him, you would feel a gentle paw reach out and touch you. When I would lay on the couch watching TV, he would do it to me persistently. It drove me crazy... what I wouldn't do to feel that little paw again.

He loved the back of the couch

I'll never forget the first time he nuzzled into my hair. I was sitting on the couch and he was behind me. All of a sudden, I feel a paw in my hair, then another one, then his head ramming and rubbing in my hair. K was just as confused as I was. She said she'd never seen him do that before. After that he LOVED my hair. I would lay on the floor and he'd just go crazy in it. Clawing and rubbing and flopping in my hair. It was the cutest thing ever.

Buddy loved to get his but smacked. He'd make little noises out of pure enjoyment. Sometimes he'd crawl up on your chest and if you'd start smacking his butt he'd reach out and grab your cheek with his little paw, claws gently out. So sweet.

His way of showing us how happy he was

He touched the lives of everyone he came across and had his little things with each one of us. K was his Momma tho. It was only with her that he would crawl under the covers, lay by her side, purring so loud it sounded like a motor was under the blankets while K rubbed his belly. He got under the covers with me a few times, but never for very long. He'd stay under with her almost all night.

Snuggling with his Momma

Oh how I adored Buddy. His kisses were THE BEST! He would bend his head down for you to kiss the top of his head and when you'd kiss it, he'd nudge his head into you. It melted my heart!

On January 15th, 2012, our beloved Buddy went to play with the angels. He was the first pet I have ever lost and it was so much harder than I ever imagined. Even today, there are times I still expect him to come running around the corner making his little turkey call. Or I think I see him out of the corner of my eye. That cat touched my heart in a way I didn't think was possible.

We will miss you Buddy! More than you will ever know.

Bedroom eyes

He loved a box or basket

These two weren't cuddly normally, but Buddy was sick and Edward knew it so he was staying close by.

"No Paparazzi!" He was always very camera shy!

Bird watching with his brother



2 comments:

  1. Poor precious Buddy! I wish I was able to meet him. He reminds me a lot of Bobby, by the way he was so sweet and loved to put his face in your hair. So incredibly sad and takes a long time to get used to. I'm the same way with Bobby too, I sometimes think I see him laying in his spot or just completely forget and want to call out his name. Ugh Buddy is so lovely and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to hear about his quirks and how much you loved him. I love the picture of him sleeping on K. Sounds like he had quite the personality!

    ReplyDelete