Monday, November 14, 2011

Lost

We are on a very strict budget this month so crafting and cheffing new recipes have been at a stand still. What do I do with my time on the weekends if I don't have new projects to try, the weather is bad, and I am on a tight budget? I usually feel rather "lost" and end up parked in front of the TV.

TV choices this weekend were terrible. Just so you have an idea of how bad it was, I spent most of Saturday watching Pitbulls and Parolees as I did miscellaneous tasks around the house.

I spent Saturday evening playing games with K... that was fun, of course. I LOVE games... but after the games, there still wasn't anything on TV. We have Netflix and we always talk about streaming old TV shows that we've never seen and we decided tonight was the night to start streaming.

Brace yourselves -- Neither one of us has ever seen Lost, but have always heard the rave throughout the years. Why not start with Lost? Perfect.


 25 episodes later, I don't know that I am really a fan. This could be for one of many reasons:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi and Lost seems to have a bit of a Sci-Fi aspect to it that I have to buy into to believe. 
  2. It kind of grosses me out. They're dirty... not to mention every time someone kisses I think, "They haven't brushed their teeth in days, weeks, months!!" K says they have toothpaste from the luggage on the plane. Well, they might have some now, but they're eventually going to run out. 
  3. They had a baby on the show. It's been, idk how many episodes, and they still haven't named the kid.  On character called it Turnip-head. That's the closest to a name it's gotten.
  4. The dramatic music is incredibly cheesy, which for me, takes away from the quality of the show.
  5. 25 episodes in a row was overkill.
I think it's most likely #5. I was done watching around episode 16. By done, I meant, I had just had enough for the weekend. I needed a break. By episode 20 or 21, K was trying to convince me to keep going so we could get through Season 1. She says, "Only 2 more hours." I sat in silence, but apparently the look on my face hinting to the conversation I was having with myself in my head spoke volumes.

The conversation with myself went like this, "Two hours? Two hours isn't that bad, but I don't think I can do it! Wait, it's MORE than two hours. Each episode is about 42 minutes. (This is the one perk to streaming them - no commercials so the episodes aren't a full hour.) We have at least four more episodes, that's 168 minutes which is actually almost THREE more hours. I cant do it. No."

And I didn't really do it. I fell asleep on the couch while K finished Season 1. Now the dilemma is: Do I give up entirely and just tell her to watch without me? Or do I try and catch up and watch 100 more episodes of a show I am not really sure I love? I LOVE Grey's Anatomy, but I don't even think that I could have stomached that much Grey's in one sitting.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it! I can't believe you got through so many episodes!!! It seems like one season of that show is realllllllllly long. Sounds nice and relaxing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. That's so gross -- your TV watching, not the Lost hygiene.

    Please note: http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongrelationships/tp/Turn_Off_TV.htm?p=1

    ReplyDelete