Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dennis the Menace


This is one of my "sons", Edward. He'll be three on October 24th, but I learned last night that he is still very much a kitten.

I wanted to start a new project last night that required cutting some tissue paper. Our apartment is on the smaller side and I am not fortunate enough to have a craft room to do my crafting so I sat on our bedroom floor to cut the paper. After cutting the paper, I took the part I needed and left the rest there to be picked up later when the project was done and I was sure I didn't need anymore of the tissue paper.

Unfortunately, after I cut the paper, I lost momentum on the project because the next step meant I was going to have to dig our printer out of our closet and after a long day at work, I just wasn't feeling up to it. Instead, I set the project aside and zoned out on the TV.

I was pretty tired, so a little after 9:00, I decided to go lay down in bed. As I walked in our room, this is what I found:


That sock was over by the bed with the other one. Hmmm, how could this have happened? Oh yes, must be the guilty suspect up on the bed overlooking the whole scene.

I proceed into the room and well, this is what had been done to my tissue paper:


And here he is, curled up next to it all aloof. I am positive he is thinking, "Humans! They make such a big deal about things."


Obviously, the tissue paper was originally found crumpled and shredded on the floor, but in order to get the full shred affect, I put it up on the bed.

Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have named Edward, Dennis - as in - the Menace.

And just so he doesn't feel left out... Here is my other son, Buddy:


And his preferred "Look at me, I so cute" position.


{Sorry the pictures are not the best quality. I need to really work on staging and figuring out the right lighting!}

1 comment:

  1. omg... freaking cats! lol... that is so cute though! they always know how to manage to get right in the way of something for attention. hahaha...or lay on your freshly cleaned black clothes.

    ReplyDelete